The University of Stavanger invites applications for a Ph.D Research fellowship in Petroleum Geoscience at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Energy Resources.
– strong academic background who have completed a five-year master degree (3+2) within geoscience, preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate.
– As well as knowledge on subsurface interpretation software such as Decision-Space (Landmark) and Petrel.
– Skills in sedimentology, structural geology and/or regional geology of the Norwegian continental shelf.
– As well as field experience and relevant laboratory experience are advantages.
– the grade for master’s thesis and the weighted average grade of master’s degree must individually be equivalent to or better than a B grade
– motivation and potential for research within the field
– ability to work independently and in a team, be innovative and creative
– having a good command of both oral and written English (TOEFL: 90 , IELTS: 6.5)
– and etc.
Salary and condition:
– salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.515, code 1017, NOK 479,600 gross per year with salary development according to seniority in the position
– varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organization
– favorable membership terms at a gym and at the SIS sports club at campus
– automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favorable insurance and retirement benefits
– and etc.
Please click here for more information and apply